Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Very Special Greatest Classical CD Covers EVER - Thursday

Click here for the complete (ongoing) series...


GRIEG - HAUGTUSSA (KRINGELBORN/MARTINEAU)
When I first saw this, I shrieked "what the hell? That water must be 3 degrees! Is this from some Nordic version of Jackass? She'll freeze to death!" Then I noticed how small the waves were compared to her. Then the horrible realization dawns on me. She must be 90 feet tall! An indestructible giantess! To think I feared for her! Turns out, it's MY life that's in danger!


PROTEUS 7 - BERNSTEIN TRIBUTE
Apparently Leonard Bernstein was a werewolf. Or maybe Proteus 7 were big fans of '80s teen werewolf comedies such as "Teen Wolf", "Werewolf Summer Camp" and "Werenerd". This isn't their first crazy cover, though. Their Aaron Copland tribute has the composer made up like Frankenstein.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Bernstein. That's the one. For me, that wins it. Not even that cover's mum thinks it's a good cover.

Brilliant blog - keep up the good work :)

henry

Anonymous said...

I so badly wish that "Werenerd" was a real move. Thanks for opening a hole in my life that I didn't know was there.