Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Very Special Greatest Classical CD Covers EVER - Tuesday

Click here for the complete (ongoing) series...


KLEIN/ROBBINS - SCHUMANN/DVORAK
The tragic sequel to yesterday's kidnapping cover. Klein is now in full Stockholm Syndrome mode and onboard with Robbins. Will Klein pull a Patty Hearst? Only time will tell. Hopefully, striking bizarre poses on album covers is the worst these two get up to. Seriously, I don't think there's anyone - man, woman or beast - that I'd feel comfortable enough with to pose for a picture like this.


HANSEL & GRETEL (OPERA FOR KIDS)
If your kids are sleeping a little too well these days, show them this cover. Apparently Hansel & Gretel is some kind of demented Woody Allen comedy where middle-aged couples dress up as kids. Makes sense. When I want needling of liberal Manhattanites' neuroses, I turn to Humperdinck. "There's so much ignorance and injustice in the world. It's all chaos out there and any fleeting happiness we find is either an illusion or a total accident. In the end we're all worm food anyway. And this candy cane is supposed to make me forget all that?" If my kids talked that way, I'd abandon them in the forest, too. This recording features Marshall McLuhan as the Witch.

No comments: