Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shredding

With the arrival of shredding, the Internet is at long last being put to good use. Shredding is the process of taking footage of a musical performance and replacing it with different, newly created music. Here's a brilliant example using a performance by KISS.

Classical performances are also being shredded. And is there one more deserving of shredding than the fake performance from Obama's inauguration? This one has it all - great performances, hilarious reaction shots and crowd noise and brilliant use of silence. Watch the whole thing (the clarinet player seems to completely forget how to play by the end of it).



1 comment:

Doug Halfen said...

I have not laughed so hard in _ages_!!! (I almost really _did_ bust my gut! At several points, I thought I was going to suffocate because I was laughing so intensely.) That has to be the funniest music spoof I've ever seen (and your CD-covers blog is a close second).