Thursday, December 20, 2007

Greatest Classical CD Covers EVER, Part IV

Click here for the complete (ongoing) series...

Kurt Masur - Weill/Berg
Looks like Kurt wrote a cheque his ass couldn't cash. "Maestro, are you sure you don't want makeup?" "JUST TAKE THE DAMN PICTURE."

Tanguy - Cello Concertos Nos. 1 & 2
This looks like a still from a snuff film. Or maybe from Abel Ferrera's Driller Killer. Either way, I'm calling the cops.

The Canadian Brass - SWINGTIME!
This is like the end of The Shining where Jack Nicholson appears in the picture from the 1920s. His evil spirit has always been part of the hotel. Just like the Canadian Brass.

Alfred Brendel - Beethoven Piano Sonatas Opp. 13, 14, 22
"These hands! Have killed again! AH HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!"

Roger Bobo - Rainbo-bo
If I ever make an album, I'm also going to use shots of me taken on vacation. An alternate cover for this disc features Roger "holding up" the leaning tower of Pisa.

Roger Bobo - Tuba Libera
Another vacation snap of Roger. I can't make out the sign he's pointing to. I think it says "DANGER - CHOLERA OUTBREAK."

Psophos Quartet - Bacri Quartets Nos. 3, 4, 5, 6
Wait you'rrre shurrre real pretty NO I'm not drunk can I one of your numbersh?

1 comment:

OC said...

ha ha the Alfred Brendel is priceless!